- The Perks Business Boost Awards (Awards) are conducted by Perks and Associates, ABN 50 507 079 554 of
Level 1, 180 Greenhill Road, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 (Perks, we, us, our).
- Entry into the Awards is deemed to be an acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry (Terms) (including
- Information on how to apply, the process of entry, award details and the Guide to Entry Questions & Required
Documents brochure (available at awards.perks.com.au) (Entry Guide) form part of these Terms.
- In these Terms, a reference to “you” “your” or “Entrant” includes the business owner(s) in their personal capacity and as an authorised representative(s) of the business, as well as the business being entered into the Awards.
- Entries can be submitted during the period commencing at 8.00am (ACST) on 09/07/2018 until midnight (ACST) 27/08/2018 (Entry Period).
- Entry is open to any business that meets the eligibility criteria set out below.
Are you in the early stages of operating your business and looking to successfully grow it to the next level?
Who is eligible?
- The owner(s) of the business must reside in South Australia;
- The owner(s) of the business must be Australian citizens;
- Have a current Australian Business Number;
- Main place of business must be in South Australia;
- Be more than 60% Australian owned;
- The owner(s) of the business must be responsible for making the key business decisions; and
- Have been in business for at least 3 months at the end of the Entry Period (Midnight, Monday 27th August
2018), with some financial statements to show that your business has been trading.
Who is not eligible?
- Listed companies, franchisees, franchisors, clubs, co-operatives, registered charities, government agencies or enterprises.
- The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of Perks, its related entities, providers, agencies, members of the judging panel and any sponsor of the Awards (Sponsor) or anyone who is directly associated with the conduct of the Awards.
- You are only eligible to win the Awards once. ENTRY
- To enter the Awards, you must submit an entry online at awards.perks.com.au within the Entry Period. Full instructions on how to enter the Awards are set out at http://awards.perks.com.au/ and in the Entry Guide. Entries received will be considered final by Perks.
- Entries which are not completed in full, in accordance with these Terms or those which are received after the expiration of the Entry Period, will not be considered.
- We reserve the right to declare any entry ineligible if, in the absolute discretion of us or a Sponsor:
- a) you are considered to be unable to represent the Awards in a satisfactory manner;
- b) you are considered to have tampered with the entry process;
- c) you are engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper
conduct of the Awards;
- d) you have not complied with these Terms or the eligibility criteria; or
e) information provided by you is deficient, inaccurate, misleading, incomprehensible, offensive or provided unlawfully.
- Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by Perks and not at the time of transmission. Perks accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- By entering the Awards, you agree to:
- a) make your business premises available to us, a Sponsor or a judge at an agreed time for that person to conduct an inspection of the premises for the purposes of evaluating your entry in the Awards; and
- b) make arrangements for at least one representative of your business to be available to attend all Awards events and associated activities including judging days, site inspections and workshops as determined by us at our sole discretion.
- You represent and warrant that your entry:
- a) is true and correct and does not contain misleading or fraudulent information;
- b) does not contain offensive, objectionable or inappropriate content;
- c) is your own original creation or work and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any other
- d) does not contain personal information of another person, except with that person’s consent;
- e) does not contain any viruses or other computer programming routines that may damage, modify, delete,
interfere with, intercept, or obtain unauthorised access to any system, data or information of Perks; and
- f) does not contain any materials that have been used in previous marketing materials or promotions for any
third party or where any third party has been granted use of that content for any purpose whatsoever, including commercial purposes.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to assign all rights (including but not limited to intellectual property and moral rights) in the entry to Perks and consent to Perks using the entry in any manner that Perks wishes.
- If any intellectual property rights (including moral rights) cannot be assigned, you grant to Perks an irrevocable, royalty-free, exclusive licence to use, copy, distribute, broadcast, modify, publish, display and adapt the entry for any purpose, together with any ancillary rights. In respect of rights that are assigned to Perks, Perks grants a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish or display the content of the entry to the Entrant that submitted the entry.
- All entries will be the property of Perks and will not be returned to the Entrant.
16. The prizes for the Awards are as follows: (Prizes):
1st Prize has a total retail value of $20,000. It comprises of a $5,000 credit for Marketing and PR services with Michels Warren, $5,000 in cash to be spent on your business, and accounting and financial services from Perks to the value of $10,000. The Perks services will be tailored to the winner based on their specific business needs and may include any of the following items:
Michels Warren Services
Business advisory and planning
Budgeting and forecasting
Human resource management
Business advice for fledgling businesses and start-ups
Social media strategy
Accounting / Bookkeeping
Budgeting and forecasting
Taxation advice on the set-up of entity structures (we provide advice, lawyer provides service)
2nd prize has a total retail value of $12,000. It comprises of a $3,000.00 credit for Marketing and PR services with Michels Warren, $3,000 in cash to be spent on your business and accounting and financial services from Perks to the value of $6,000.00. The Perks services will be tailored to the winner based on their specific business needs, refer above for the types of Perks services that may be provided.
3rd prize has a total retail value of $8,000. It comprises of a $2,000.00 credit for Marketing and PR services with Michels Warren, $2,000 in cash to be spent on your business and accounting and financial services from Perks to the value of $4,000.00. The Perks services will be tailored to the winner based on their specific business needs, refer above for the types of Perks services that may be provided.
JUDGING CRITERIA AND PROCESS
- A short list of finalists will be selected from the total entry pool (Award Finalists). From this pool of Award Finalists, three Award winners will be selected in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place (Award Winners). The Award Finalists and Award Winners will be selected by the judging panel based on the Judging Criteria. The Award Winners will be the Award Finalist that, in the judges’ discretion, best satisfies the Judging Criteria.
- Entries will be judged based on the following criteria (Judging Criteria):
- a) Competitive Edge – Your business needs to show a clear point of difference, or a unique selling point that gives it a competitive edge and shows the business’ potential for growth.
- b) Good for South Australia – The judges will be looking for businesses that will be good for South Australia and our economy into the future.
- c) Employment – Tying in with the above criteria, the judges will be looking for businesses that solve a ‘problem’ in the SA market and provide the potential for employment down the track.
- d) Quality of Application – The judges will consider whether you have answered the entry questions thoroughly and professionally and displayed a keen attitude to make a difference. They will also consider whether you have displayed determination, passion, and resilience through your answers.
- e) Financial Statements – You need to include some financial statements that demonstrate that your business has been trading, even if only for a few months.
- Judging of all eligible entries will commence on Tuesday 28 August 2018 and end on Friday 28th September 2018 (Judging Period) by a panel of appropriately qualified judges on the basis of the Judging Criteria.
- The Award Finalists and Award Winners will be announced on Thursday 4th October 2018 (Announcement Date) at an Awards presentation event organised by Perks, or if Perks, in its absolute discretion, determines not to hold an Awards presentation event, the Award Winners will be announced on Perks’ website, the PBBA website, the Glam Adelaide website, in other selected press releases and across Perks’ social media platforms. The judges’ decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
NOTIFICATION OF WINNER AND CLAIMING PRIZES
- All Award Finalists and Award Winners will also be notified by email on the next business day following the Announcement Date.
- The Award Finalists and Award Winners will be published on Perks’ website (www.perks.com.au) within approximately 2 business days following the Announcement Date and will remain on the website for a period of 30 days.
- Perks accepts no liability for any misdirected, undelivered, lost or unsuccessful efforts to notify Award Winners.
- Prizes must be claimed (including the services offered as part of the Prize) by 31 December 2019 or the Prizes will be forfeited. Perks may, in its discretion, select a new winner if a Prize is not claimed. The new winner will be notified by email.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, excluding the cash element forming part of each Prize. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
- The cash element forming part of each prize must be spent on the business of the Award Winner and not for personal use. For example, the cash could be put to a number of uses that benefit the business, including to pay for legal services, signage, purchase of goods/equipment or sponsorship.
- Perks accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prizes. Independent advice should be sought.
- Perks reserves the right to request the Award winner to provide proof of identity and proof of entry validity, in order to claim the Prize.
- Without limiting any other provision of these Terms, it is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Award Winners must comply with all the conditions of the Award (if any) and may be required to sign a legal release form determined by Perks in its absolute discretion.
PRIVACY & MARKETING
- By participating in the Awards in any way (including by submitting an Awards entry), you consent for us to use and disclose your personal information to our judging panel and other third parties engaged to provide services in connection with the Awards in order to:
- f) contact you in any way (including by email, SMS/MMS, mail, social media and telephone);
- g) administer the Awards;
- h) invite you to be part of our initiatives including case studies, polls/surveys and business opportunities; or
- i) improve our products and services.
- All financial information that you provide in connection with your entry will be treated in the strictest confidence. Such information will only be used for the purposes of judging your entry.
PROMOTION AND SPONSORSHIP
- If you are an Award Finalist or Award Winner, the business owner(s) agrees to:
a) to assist in publicising the Awards as required by us and the Sponsors for these events;
b) be available for promotional appearances for a period of 8 weeks after the Announcement Date for us and
the Sponsors (Promotional Appearances). The Promotional Appearances will promote the Awards, us
(including our products or services) and/or the Sponsors (including their products or services), and
c) during each Promotional Appearance the business owner(s) or their representative must, if requested,
verbally endorse us or the relevant Sponsor for the event.
We or the Sponsor will give you or your representative at least seven calendar days’ notice of the time, date and location of each Promotional Appearance and the party requesting the appearance will pay the reasonable travel and accommodation expenses for you or your representative to attend the Promotional Appearance.
- You agree that we may use:
- a) your business logo, your business identity and you or your representative’s personal identity anywhere in the world in any advertisement or other material which promotes the Awards or our products or services; and
- b) details about you and your business or organisation in printed, electronic and online/social media (as we consider appropriate) in promoting the Awards and our products and services,
without compensation to you.
Prior to using your business identity, you or your representative’s personal identity, or details about you or your business, we will obtain your prior approval, which you agree not to unreasonably withhold.
- You agree to allow us to contact you to provide comments about the Awards and to take photos or video footage of you, the business and your representative(s) (Materials). All intellectual property rights, including moral rights and copyright, in the Material is and remains the property of Perks upon creation. Perks may use the Materials for future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to you.
LIABILITY, INDEMNITY AND WARRANTIES
36. You agree to indemnify Perks in relation to any loss or damage it suffers resulting from a breach of the warranties contained in these Terms.
37. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Perks (including its officers, employees and agents) will not be liable for any claims, costs, expenses, personal injury, death, loss (including loss of opportunity) or damage whatsoever (including indirect or consequential loss or damage) suffered, sustained or incurred (including any negligent act or omission) as a result of, or arising out of, or in any way connected with:
- a) the Awards (including participation or attempted participation in the Awards by an Entrant);
- b) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to these Awards and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in
connection with, these Awards as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures;
- c) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- d) lost or damaged entries, Award claims; and/or
- e) acceptance and/or use of the Award.
- These Terms are governed by the laws of South Australia. Entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of South Australia.
- Perks reserves the right to amend, delete or add to these Terms, subject to any regulatory requirements, at any time upon seven (7) days’ notice in writing. Entrants will be bound by such changes. Perks will post any changes to its Terms on its website located at www.perks.com.au.
- Subject to regulatory requirements, Perks may cancel, modify, suspend or delay the Awards at any time if something happens that is beyond its reasonable control, including for any technical or operational reason or by reason of anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Awards.